Get your free
What you need to know before choosing a renovator.
What Is Interior Design?
A major reason renovations are so appealing is the opportunity to redesign the room or structure to make it truly your own. Through the art and science of interior design, you can make the space fully customized for your unique aesthetic and lifestyle.
Interior design as a discipline seeks an ideal balance between many elements:
Golden Bee Homes brings years of knowledge and experience to every renovation project, ensuring your space is a reflection of your vision.
If you have questions about interior design consultations, contact the Golden Bee Homes experts in Ontario at (416) 495-8282.
The Golden Process
Our process starts with an on-site meeting with a designer to understand your goals, expectations, needs, and wants. From there, we’ll develop a design, select materials, and prepare a detailed budget.
After the initial design, you’ll have time to review and consider all aspects of the project and refine it until you’ve signed off on the final designs and decisions.
Once all the logistics are in place, we’re ready to get to begin construction. We will keep you informed throughout the build, and we aren’t done until the final walk-through ensures you’re thrilled with the results.
Interior Design With Golden Bee Homes
Our design professionals, fully knowledgeable in local building codes and regulations, are also experts in functionality, aesthetics, and ergonomics. The phases of our interior design process include:
- Design consultation: You meet with our designer to discuss your needs, goals, and tastes for the project.
- Design phase: The Golden Bee Homes interior designer translates what was learned in the consultation into 3D computer-generated drawings and renderings. With these, you can visualize how the finished project should look.
- Material selection: This involves a more detailed discussion of your project, where we help you select materials, finishes, fixtures, and furnishings to suit your needs and preferences. We’ll also discuss costs and formulate a detailed budget for your approval.
Call (416) 495-8282 to schedule an interior design consultation with Golden Bee Homes.
Projects Involving Interior Design
You can apply the concepts of interior design to any number of renovation projects. Golden Bee Homes specializes in interior design for:
- Kitchen renovations: We’ll help you revitalize the centerpiece of your home.
- Bathroom renovations: Are you getting the most out of the most-used rooms in your home? We’ll help you make sure you are.
- Home renovations: Golden Bee Homes offers complete home renovations from start to finish.
- Condo renovations: Our professionals have extensive experience renovating condos, where exterior walls are attached to other units, but the interior walls are available for updating.
- Basement renovations: Convert your unfinished basement into something better, like a home gym, game room, apartment, or more.
- Primary suite renovations: Does your primary suite need more closet space? More windows? New lighting? Turn your bedroom into an oasis.
- Home additions: Golden Bee Homes can help you add a second story, extra rooms, or more living space.
- Custom homes: Let us help you make your new home an expression of who you are.
- Bee Green: Our eco-friendly initiative where we make luxury sustainable. We can help you shrink your carbon footprint while living your best life.
Do you have an interior design project you’re considering? Let Golden Bee Homes help. Call (416) 495-8282.
Completing projects throughout the
greater toronto area
Ontario’s Best Choice for Interior Design Services
Golden Bee Homes is a fully licensed and insured firm in Toronto. We’re committed to creating beautifully crafted custom homes and innovative renovation designs. When we’re finished, your home will be a pleasure to look at and to live in as well.
If you’re looking for the best interior design services in Ontario, call Golden Bee Homes at (416) 495-8282.
Frequently Asked Questions About Interior Design
What's the difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator?
An interior designer has formal education and licensure to help them create functional, ergonomic spaces while achieving a certain aesthetic. Interior decorators have a good artistic eye, but they don’t have formal training, and they focus purely on making the space look nice. Interior designers may decorate, but decorators don’t design.
How do I know if I need interior design services?
Do you feel overwhelmed at the prospect of finding comfortable, functional, and stylish furniture for every room? Are you unsure what color you should paint the walls or what floor covering you should install? These are all signs that you could benefit from residential interior design services.
What are the seven elements of interior design?
Good interior design achieves the ideal balance between these seven elements:
What are three popular interior design styles?
There are dozens of design styles to choose from. Three of the most popular include:
- Traditional interior design: Homes in this style feature ornate detailing, natural materials, and furniture-grade cabinets and built-ins.
- Modern interior design: This style is characterized by fewer ornamental details, favoring clean lines and functional design. Modern homes have open floor plans, synthetic materials, and large windows.
- Transitional interior design: As a combination of traditional and modern, this design style has some amount of detailing, a mix of natural and artificial materials, and a neutral color scheme.