Get your free
What you need to know before choosing a renovator.
REASONS TO RENOVATE YOUR WHOLE HOME
A whole-home remodel can help you accomplish these goals:
- Age in place: Relocating the main suite to the ground floor, widening doors and hallways, and replacing exterior stairs with ramps are updates that help accommodate your changing needs as you age.
- Create a more eco-friendly design: Going green is not a passing fad. Adding sustainable features to your home will reduce waste, breathe cleaner air, and lower your utility costs.
- Add more space: With a whole-home renovation, you can get the extra square footage you need for your growing family without moving.
- Modernize your home: Perhaps your aging house is uncomfortable, dated, or poses safety risks. Renovating your entire house addresses these concerns.
The Golden Process
Our process starts with an on-site meeting with a designer to understand your goals, expectations, needs, and wants. From there, we’ll develop a design, select materials, and prepare a detailed budget.
After the initial design, you’ll have time to review and consider all aspects of the project and refine it until you’ve signed off on the final designs and decisions.
Once all the logistics are in place, we’re ready to get to begin construction. We will keep you informed throughout the build, and we aren’t done until the final walk-through ensures you’re thrilled with the results.
ASPECTS OF A WHOLE-HOME RENOVATION
While you can certainly renovate one room at a time, many of our clients find it beneficial to redo more than half of the house at once. Here are the kinds of renovations we can complete during your whole-home transformation:
- Bathroom renovations: Update your bathrooms to include dual sinks, frameless showers, ample storage space, and luxurious detailing.
- Kitchen renovations: We can replace the materials and finishes in your kitchen, or we can reconfigure the entire layout to cater to your inner chef.
- Primary suite renovations: Get more out of your private home retreat with a spacious walk-in closet, electrical upgrades, and a new bathroom with all the latest amenities.
- Home additions: Have you always wanted an office, wine cellar, or rec room? Add one during your whole-home renovation to make your house larger and more functional.
- Floor plan alterations: Reconfiguring your home’s layout involves knocking down and putting up load-bearing walls, adding storage, and relocating staircases to improve flow and functionality.
- Basements and attics: Finishing the basement or converting the attic into a living space could be the perfect way to add a guest suite, playroom, or “man cave” without building an add-on.
Completing projects throughout the
greater toronto area
WHY CHOOSE GOLDEN BEE HOMES?
Whether your renovation involves one room or the entire house, you want a team that boasts keen attention to detail and preparedness for any surprises that could arise. Approach us with nothing more than a problem that needs solving, and we’ll get to work designing and delivering a solution.
Our design/build process includes all the services you need from start to finish, including:
- Permit application
- Project management
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WHOLE-HOME RENOVATIONS
Is it cheaper to renovate or move?
The answer depends on your mortgage situation, the state of the housing market, and other factors. The fact is, buying an existing home always comes with compromises, while a whole-home renovation delivers every feature you could possibly want.
Is it worth the cost to renovate my house?
Whether you’re going for increased quality of life or a good return on investment, you’ll achieve your goals with a whole-home renovation. Trust our team to work closely with you to ensure the results are precisely what you’re looking for.
What are some popular design trends for 2022?
Seeking inspiration for your whole-home renovation? Consider these popular trends:
- Large picture windows
- Home offices
- Multi-functional rooms
- Earth-toned color schemes
- Minimalist designs